In order to act correctly, it is essential to study and investigate. What are the main causes of road crashes? What changes are necessary – in the human factor, the vehicle, the road, the rules – to avoid them? What consequences and aftermaths do victims suffer and bereaved by road crashes? What are their needs? P (A) T conducts studies and supports multidisciplinary knowledge in the subject.
In this sense P (A) T has carried out several studies, among which are:
- Pilot Study on the Impact of Road Crashes on Victims and Bereaved, together with the Institut Opinòmetre.
- Study on “Pedestrian safety in the city. Cyclist and pedestrian conflicts “.
- Study on the accident rate of older people.
- General study of vulnerable users, pedestrians and cyclists.
And it has participated in international studies as:
- Imapct of Road Death and Injury – research into the main causes of the decline in quality of life and living standard suffered by road crash Victims and Bereaved. (Study prepared by FEVR in collaboration with the European Commission).
- My Life After the Crash (Study conducted jointly by the Belgian Vias Institute and the European Federation of Road Victims (FEVR). P(A)T has collaborated in the translation into Spanish of the questionnaire and the conclusions.