European Mobility Week 2020
"For mobility without emissions" to reach carbon neutrality by 2050
P(A)T joins the European Mobility Week that takes place from September 16 to 22 throughout Europe. The week promotes more sustainable, safe and healthy mobility habits such as traveling on foot, by bicycle, by public transport or by electric vehicle, as well as visualizing possible changes in the use of public space, improving air quality and reducing of pollution.
The theme chosen this year “For mobility without emissions”, reflects the ambitious goal of achieving neutrality in carbon emissions by the year 2050, included in the European Green Deal. The theme also aims to highlight the importance of accessibility to systems of zero emission transport and promote an inclusive system for all people.
The main objectives of the Week are the following:
– Stimulate citizen behavior, in relation to the use of the vehicle, compatible with sustainable urban development, in particular with the protection of air quality, the prevention of traffic accidents, the reduction of gas emissions that cause the greenhouse effect and the rational consumption of energy resources.
– Raise public awareness about the environmental impacts of transport and inform them about its different modalities.
– Promote the use of sustainable means of transport and, in particular, public transport, bicycles, walking and electric vehicles.
– Promote a reunion of citizens with the city, its people and its cultural heritage, in a healthy and relaxed environment.
– Reflect on how the excessive use of motorized transport affects our health. On the one hand, air pollution and the congestion they generate have a negative impact on the respiratory and cardiovascular systems. On the other hand, they promote a sedentary lifestyle and physical inactivity.